I found this low calorie brownie recipe on pinterest a while back, I kept meaning to try it but never got round to it or I would forget. But as I was going through my Baking board a week or so ago, I decided I was going to try it. Some of the ingredients seem quite strange, but the brownies turned out pretty good. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, as I used granulated sugar instead of a sweetener, as I didn’t have any and was a bit unsure about it. I also double the recipe as, when I poured the mix into the tray, it didn’t look like enough (because I didn’t use the size tray used in the recipe). However they were really easy to make, and taste nice (kinda odd at first, or so I thought, but nice).
- ¾ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar); although I did just use sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Grease a square baking dish (I used 8″x8″).
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes, ( I left them in a bit longer; until a skewer came out clean). Allow to cool completely before cutting into pieces